Hello hello people!!
No exams are not over yet but the more major and tedious ones are and the next one is 3 days away so tonight can relax alittle!! So why not update this super old blog ya! hahaha
Ok so abit of who I am first. I am currently studying my first year in NUS, gosh it was pretty hard to get the engine going after 2 plus years of no brain work in the army. haha ok anyway, I am also a National Track athlete and my favourite event is the 400m. Ok wouldnt say it's a favourite as it's not exactly the most pleasurable sprint distance! but one which i am good at, one which i have always been training for, one which is both fast and long enough to appriciate.
Anyhow I was suppose to go for SEA Games in Thailand last year, however, i tore my acl playing soccer 6 months before that. and it was terrible. Tore some of my lateral menics and calf mucsle too! After MRI and surgury 5 days after the incident, life was basically sad. Couldnt walk or sleep or even bathe properly. In fact was in crutches and a giant brace for almost 3 weeks. Life felt empty and meaningless. Even the doctor told me to give up. :/ But i think that's when i realised that i couldnt. I wouldnt.
And here i am, back stronger, faster than ever. and aiming for next year's SEAgames. Of course, my speed of recovery wouldnt be possible without my family love, care and support, my insurance agent and its coverage, and my physiotherapist at SSC. For without all that, I might never have recovered so well, so fast.
So I feel i am a good example of what determination can bring you. Even back from the darkest of hours. If I can do it, you can too.
You just have to try your best and give it all you got.
+
On the other hand, I thought back on the "positive sides" that came with my horrific injury.
I have a few.
Firstly, perhaps most unimpotantly, i managed to make a video of my army life as memories and shared the video movie with my platoon mates.
It made me more focused in life. what i want. no what i really really really want.
It filtered out the good friends from the best.
It showed me what unconditional family love is.
Well, cant really write much about those as you have to feel it to know it.
So sometimes i ask myself, I would have rather not get injured and didnt know all that, or should i be "blessed" what my misfortune? I still cant decide.
No comments:
Post a Comment