Sunday, 7 December 2008

hello all!

Exams over! of course. been one week of freedom and gosh it's amazing how time really speeds by when you're NOT STUDYING. haha anyhow, alittle update on Asean University Games.

I will be representing Singapore in 400m and 4x400m. Recently, about 2 weeks ago, i picked up a hamstrong strain which is thankfully not top serious. meaning i could still train, but i could not do speed work outs. That has serverely affect my speed endurance as it was obvious in a 350m time trial i had yesterday. I nailed the first 200m perfectly with a 23.2s Electronic timing, right on a late 48s 400m pace. However, i couldnt hold the speed. I wasnt really tired, i just lacked that speed endurance. Endurance i had , because after the injury i did more long runs and long intervals like 400m x 5 @ 74s, 4min rest. But yup, exactly 8 more days to race day and Judging from yesterday's performance, I didnt lose too much fitness, and expect to be ready for a good 400m run in KL, hopefully a sub-49s, ie) 48+++s.

Confidence wise, well... i wouldnt say i'm in the best of shapes as my hamstrings are still aching! haha but i guess i'm silently confident. If i ran a good first 200m like i did yest, i'm in for a good 400m time (:

No comments: