Saturday, 26 September 2009

A Trial to Remember





Hello all!

I still cannot believe that our one week break is JUST GONE. JUST LIKE THAT. I havent even done any proper studying. But thankfully i only have two mid terms left, one next week, the other the following. Locking myself up at the reading room is probably the most effective thing to do. Of course, laptops are a big nono. Somehow the feeling is less guilty when you complete 1 question in 1 hour in the reading room, rather than 1 question in 1 hour in E210 with the laptop in my face, as chances are, i'll be using the laptop often!

+

Trials went smoothy and was a nice success!

We started out with 200m trials on tuesday, which Hakeem won and Elfi came in 2nd to qualify as our representatives for IVP. I Tried to hype up the whole event with small little things that took effort like number tags, lane logos for the blocks, and small omega signs, plus start list ect. My 200pm of 22.08s was never going to fall as i came in 4th at a lowly 22.6s :/ but no matter, i consider this whole week of trials as still part of my preparations and bulid up for IVP. Alitte Dejavu as I plan to peak in 2 weeks and similarly when i went to Vietnam for Taiwan 2 weeks later (: So hopefully i can lower my 400m Pb of 49.44s. (:

Wednesday was a total waste. The only two things that i can consider as productive was my ssc massage and road race time trial. I ran not bad, coming home in 8min 50! hahaha Looks like my long runs are working, as i do feel my aerobic is slightly stronger (:

I injured my left knee on thursday when i tried for the jumps trials :/ In fact it's still affecting me now. I think it's just a bruise or sore and hopefully no strain of any sort. I think it's my landing. Like i dont disperse my landing energy too well, coupled with the already half removed menicus, could feel the impact from the 3rd jump :/ Pleased with my efforts though, 6.33m for Long Jump, and 12.77m for Triple :D Not bad for my first ever jumps! Studied in reading room that night and it's really a magical place to study. Just me, my ipod and tutorials. haha

Limp didnt help and it was a growing worry as ice and panadol wasnt working as expected. Thought the night could heal some of it but it was quite bad. On friday, i really honestly felt i was in no condition to run. I could hardly jog without limping, and when i tried to do butt kick, a sharp pain ran through my knee. I really did not want to run, but this being the trials, it's now or it will raise questions or fairness ect ect. Nonetheless, I preservered and slowly did butt kicks and with help of deep heat and 4 tablets of panadol extend, i could stride alittle. I dont know, but when it was time to start, i suddenly felt no pain. Start was cautious and probably the slowest i had like my 400m start. hahaha Aim was top 4, and so i came in 4th (:

400m was even more of a joy. Drawn to lane 4, I just let Daryl pull me on lane 5, and after 250m i figured it was time to put in alittle effort as elfi had already overtaken me on lane 1. haha so i just kicked down the home straight and overtook him fairly easy and just strolled to the line in a cool 50.9s (: woohoo. Didnt even work up a sweat! hahaha


+

Thank god for my knee

+

Grandma bday party today! :D

No comments: