Perfomance is like the stock market. You can only stay up on your game for that long.
I always felt that since Taiwan, my graph has been on a decline, which is not unexpected. Hence, maybe it's mental, maybe it's my body, but the 2 weeks after Taiwan and 2 races which i "didnt need to but had to" run, i feel exhausted now.
It's funny how I can just feel it in me. Feel whether i am fresh. Vietnam, Ipoh, Taiwan and 8 400m races later, i know i need a break. But i couldnt as me and my team have not met the SEA Games qualifying mark, which is honestly quite unreachable. Yet, i know we all tried our best. It's a pity however, that Kenneth, Subiash, Shalindran and I did not run on the super cool fast mondo Taiwan track. Judging by timings shali and i ran, plus kenneth's n subiash split yesterday, it'd work out to 49.1 + 49.2 + 48.7 + 49.2 = 3:16.2s
Yes it's not exactly a fantastic timing, but I'm pretty sure that's what the "Senior" team would achieve, if not faster.
SEA Games looks bleak now. But i'm not fussing over it. We didnt meet the cut; end of story. I just wish THAT someone who didnt make the cut too does not get to go to the games. (Speaking of which, it's amazing how thick skinned + his ego can do) *disgusted.
Nonetheless, I must say i'm pleased and satisfied with my performance this season, however, i do wish it could just be slightly better.
Not all hope is lost! There's still 2 more meets on my calendar. One in September and another in October(IVP). Maybe then i'll smell a 48s.
But now i know i need a break. Probably a week off running will do the trick, but active work is still needed. Time to dust off the dust on my Trek (:
+
The parade and military segment was much better this year. More compact and chop-chop, yet preserving all the flavour and action.
I miss being an MP Outrider. It's probably the most fun, cool and powerful jobs you can get in NS. Many fond memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment