Monday, 19 October 2009

I am the NUS Track and Field Captain






IVP IS OVER!!!

NUS WON ALL TITLES AGAIN - MEN'S, WOMEN'S and OVERALL :D

For the guys side, we won 100m,200m,400m,400mH,1500m,5k,10k,LongJ,TripleJ,Discus,Shotput,and both relays. :D

For girls, we won
HighJ,LongJ,TripleJ,Javelin! :D With alot of second and thirds!

+

I had a fun time as captain honestly. I could really watch the team grow, build and bond, especially the girls. Thanks to melanie and yanlin, we managed to bring in enough freshies to, well, defend the title.

I am also thankful for my girls captain,Melanie, and our Cross country captain, Melvin who made alot of things very much easier thanks to email and efficiency of response. THANK YOU!!

Time to step down though. And the biggest fear i have to watching the team seperate and lose the bond.

One thing is for sure though. The next Captain has big shoes to fill. (:

+

We went to Marina Square Seoul Garden and had chartered buses to go there but i overkilled with 2 big buses! And kurt shared my view that ONE DAY we should get the orange NUS bus with the NUS logo on it to ferry our team around :D Like those football /cycling teams ect. haha about 45 people went only. Some wanted to go out with boy/friends, others are antisocial, and others just cant be bothered.


+


The sad thing is that some will never see university track as school/jc track. Like the only thrower who came yesterday was WeiDe, and i asked YongHui, our double gold jumper why didnt want to come, his reponse was that he didnt know anyone in the team. And i'm like thinking, isnt it a good time to get to know more of your team mates? Best still, i'm disappointed with some of the "reserves". Being given jerseys/tshirt ect, one will expect to come down to just support. But nopes. They dont even bother.


+

So it came down to a 59.11s for 400m hurdles which i must admit i hardly broke a sweat. Expectedly, or unexpectedly, Sharman won by 0.9 of a second in the 2nd timed final.

Could i have won. I'm sure if it was in the same final as sharman, i would have won. But does it really matter. Actually not really. I think firstly, i proved my point in my first 400m hurdles race of my life. 2ndly, my inexperience showed, and my pace was just ... too slow. haha nonetheless i cleared all hurdles nicely abiet too high so gotta work on it! :D

One thing is sure though. I wont lose again.
+

400m FINALS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WdkuVQIzgY




+

No comments: