Competition attire and spikes for SWIFT meet this coming Sunday.
Bukit Gombak Stadium 10 am to 3pm.
Will be running 100m.
No thanks to SAA, who did not allow us to compete in Pahang (cos they say they never get invitation but Pahang side claimed they did), I will miss out in running the 400m as my initial plan was to compete 400m in Pahang, and 100m in Swift Meet.
SAA is such a bitch. Petty, arrogant, brainless fools runs that NSA. Time for a change Mr Teo Ser Luck(not like he'll do anything anyway, unless it affects YOG).
Can you believe that the current SAA president, Loh Lin Kok, as been holding that position since 1980 something?!! omg. He's just sucking all the taxpayers money for more booze. Athletics is given at least 1mil a year, not to mention the profits they reap from the SC Marathon and all the stupid all comers meets. But we poor athletes STILL have to pay for our damn overseas trips.
True that SAA will argue that that scheme is in place to "motivate" athletes to not play a fool and treat overseas competition like a holiday. However, if you send the correct people overseas, we ourselves are very much motivated to run our bests. We dont need motivation to do well when given the chance overseas as we train our guts out week in week out. We need MOTIVATION for training, puking and generation of lactic acid when all the support SAA gives us is... oh wait. WHAT SUPPORT?
+
Was just watching a program of trans world sports. Talking about Baylor University and their track team. As you might know, it is the university where Michael Johnson and Jeremy Wariner comes from. Also where their coach, Clyde Hart is at.
Makes me sad sometimes, that i wished i could be half as good as them. Travelling around the world in meets, seeing the world, at the same time just doing what i love doing.
But oh well. Guess i'll be contended with competition in the closer regions. I do not know what my form is right now. I do hope i have that elusive 48s in me. I must have it.
These past few days havent been of great motivations.
+
I really do hope Elfi or Kenneth gets to go to the World Championships this August. Elfi has the gifted talent and i just hope he stays injury free and continue to feel motivated and push himself better.
He is, without a doubt, the fastest 100m sprinter Spore has right now. Swift meet this sat, and I hope he runs a 10.5s or even faster.
+
We all need macdonals once in awhile. I ate a fillet o fish and big mac for breakfast and dinner respectively (:
And we just made it for the Jacks Place lunch special which was so worth it! :D
+
"DEAD MAN WALKING!"
6 comments:
so why don't you do something about it instead of just blogging here ?
WOAH! Wouldnt expect anyone to even read this. Haha
Anyway, i think if you ask any senior athletes, i think we're all just too tired to even bother to bring up the people in SAA because everyone there will just not do anything. Trust me, we've tried so many times since 2005 that we're beginning to give up until there's a change of, well, everyone in SAA. Not sure if you read the papers the past week, SAA has alot of issues that they themselves are clueless about. And they will never listen to suggestions from athletes. They listen to the SAA president who know nuts about athlete welfare, only how much money SAA has so he can throw parties and drink more booze.
Oh well, I would love to do something about it, but I must say i'm in no position to challenge them, for doing so will most probably mean that they'll just be petty and slap me with a BAN ect. So i guess blogging is the best medicine for me. haha Thank you, anonymous, for commenting btw!
don't be surprised. There are people who cares and it is really not as simple as you think. Your job is to train.
I totally agree man! I mean i know there are more to all this suitation and things that I might not understand as I'm not working yet. I guess that's why I just bitch about them on my small tiny blog. Just to get the fustration out.
Nonetheless, I have not let all this hoo ha by SAA to affect my trainings and am still pretty determined to do my best for Singapore and myself at other competitions.
As you say, my job is to train! (:
Although i wouldnt exactly call it a job. More of my passion to train! (:
Apologies to you, anonyomous, if my posts have offended you in anyway.
I'm just an athlete.
Post a Comment